Monday, 19 July 2010

Altered tin lid.

This is the lid off a tin of Roses chocolates. i scraped some of the original paint off it but got bored and just inked the outside with versamark and embossed it with silver powder. the rest I used alcohol inks and clear embossing powders on.I have deliberately made some bits clear and glossy and left other bits with a rougher texture and appearance and the tiniest sprinkles of silver powder just to see how it would look. Hopefully just a tad careworn, as thats what I was aiming for.
I have begun to take the paint off the bottom partof the tin, but got sidetracked so goodness knows when I will finish it now that I have left it a day or two.

Thank you.

I saw this on my friend Bettys blog and thought it was so sweet that I would ask her if I could use it. She has very kindly said yes, so here it is...a big thank you to all my friends for their kind, supportive and highly valued comments.

Friday, 16 July 2010

second altered box.

This one I did have fun with! I have put a pic of both boxes to show the differences better.
This one was painted with Tim Holtz distress paint and dabbed with distress inks. The note is a diecut, the car a stamp painted over with glossy accents. The broken "journey" was stamped onto balsa wood and swiped with distress inks and the word picked out with stickles in purple. The thick and thin rub on was lurking in my stash as was the purple ribbon. The cotton music ribbon came from a local craft shop.

altered box no1

I had a play with 2 boxes recently. This is the pretty one. Painted with pearly pink and pale turquoise, and very girly lace and flowers added as well as an image i have had in my stamps box for a while. It was the one which best matched the colours i had used.

Wednesday, 7 July 2010

mini album

I bought a papermania chipboard album and decided to use the free paper stack in the latest C&P magazine to decorate it. Here are some of the pages.
I just had to use my new birdcage die too.I made 3 flowers from an oddment of ribbon and LLB brads a couple of weeks ago and used one on the front cover too. For the back cover I used a tag which has been painted with H2Os and some distress inks,stamped and the key coloured with a sakura pen. The small heart is stamped shrink plastic and so is the watch. The key is a die cut from grungepaper and embossed with silver. The safety pin has been alcohol inked by putting in a plastic bag with 2 drops of "stream" and shaken till it was covered.