Saturday, 30 October 2010

stamped canvas

This was an experiment with a small canvas, distress inks, stamps and clear embossing powders. I am quite pleased with the result.

Friday, 29 October 2010


I finally got round to putting some of my encaustic 4x6 pictures onto cards yesterday. Here are a few examples.

Wednesday, 27 October 2010

No More Shims effects

I recently bought a No More Shims mat designed for use with the cuttlebug (and only the 'bug).
Here are some things I have been trying out. Orange square is a plastic stencil, blue is real lace, butterfly is a metal stencil. ivory is sequin waste and brown is a strip of lace.

Saturday, 23 October 2010

Thank You to Bee Crafty

A huge Thank You to Bev at Bee Crafty for this lovely prize which arrived today. I was fortunate enough to win her first Tuesday Challenge with the card in the picture.
Thanks Bev, its wonderful to win and I am very grateful to you for the great prize which arrived very quickly.

Friday, 22 October 2010

Both sides.

These are the latest pages for my sons album. Only one to go now. I just had to use both sides of this great 7gypsies paper. It seemed a shame to ignore the white side so I rummaged in the photo box for a few pics to use on it.

Wednesday, 20 October 2010


Its been a while since I played with my waxes. A friend on Trimcraft has just got a set and chatting about them encouraged me to get mine out of hibernation. They are fun and very quick to do.

Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Two very different cards. The pink one is my first attempt at a sidestep card. The papers and roses are Docrafts and the die cuts are from my stash.
Second one is the result of just playing with my Tim Holtz stash, apart from the obvious die cut I have used a variety of distress inks and a couple of his stamps, plus one other from my box that I don't have the details for as they were lost in the mists of time.

This amazing candy is at Stacys blog, check it out. Worth a visit for her great work.

Sunday, 3 October 2010

This is a brooch I made with friendly plastic which I bought on a recent visit to Once Upon A Stamp. We have bought from them on line a few times so it was nice to actually visit the shop. It is great, and I spent a fair bit, lol.
The brooch was simply a few strips heated and fused together. I had a metal flower button which I pressed into the warm plastic. It came off easily when the plastic cooled and left a nice impression, so I added a pearl and a brooch pin was added using glossy accents.