Tuesday, 31 March 2009

This pair of cards have turned out very blue in the pics. The boy card actually has a fair bit of brown in the backing papers, and the image colours are brighter than they look. It is painted on white card.

Monday, 30 March 2009

I got some lovely prima flowers and a great set of clear swirl stamps by Personal Impressions last week and really enjoyed using them on these cards.The stamps were great value at £5 for a pack of 3 and they give nice sharp images. I wanted them primarily for scrapping but I think I am going to use them a lot.

Friday, 27 March 2009

I altered these aluminium plantpots with alcohol inks and thought they would make nice containers for Easter eggs.

Wednesday, 18 March 2009

Here are the latest pages for my Once Upon A time album. My lovely son in law and my grandson Alex, who is the apple of my eye.

Monday, 16 March 2009

My friend Andrea from the Trimcraft forum came up with the idea for these "Roundies" which have a 4inch circle base. They have really caught everyones imagination. Here are some I have made.
The orange and yellow flowers were from a decorative spray of artificial flowers that cost me £1. I got 30 flowers on the spray. Backing yellow flowers were a mag. freebie.

Wednesday, 11 March 2009

Another pot made using alcohol inks. This was an ovaltine jar.I gave it a rough coat of gold craft paint to add a distressed look. When dry I used the same inks as for my previous pot. The gold paint has given them a softer, pearly look. I use it to keep my paintbrushes in. Its about time they were kept together in one place.

This is the latest page in my once upon a time album. Backing paper is from the Laura Ashley Connemara range. the backing for the letters was made using the illustration page from the papers. i cut the small pictures out and use them either as backing or cut letters out of them with the cuttlebug. The leaves are also cuttlebug dies. The large ones were coloured with alcohol inks.

Thursday, 5 March 2009

I have been looking for new things to do with alcohol inks and decided to use them on a cheap aluminium plantpot from the pound shop.

The inks used are ranger" market garden "and kurecolor blue, yellow and red.

Sunday, 1 March 2009

Here are a few more encaustic cards that I did this week.