Sunday, 31 May 2009
Friday, 29 May 2009
I made these as a change from all the LLB cards I have been doing recently. The lace is a much nicer purple than it looks in the pic. I got it, and the spotty ribbon from our local Boyes store. They sell bundles of lace and ribbon for 40p each. They are a bargain as they usually have about 3 yds on each. I buy some each time I go into town. I have a box of each now. Much cheaper than buying from craft shops.They also sell fancy knitting yarns that work well as funky fibres.
Friday, 22 May 2009
I was lucky enough to be asked, along with my friend Julie, to do some designs for Trimcraft using the new LLB collection. I did some projects using the Retro Rose collection. They should be in the Trimcraft gallery soon.
These are a few that I have done since then. It is a great collection and I have enjoyed using it. I decided to use different colours for the stamps, so they are quite unlike the original colours.
I embossed the stamp in one and sprayed it with cosmic shimmers. I also added a green ribbon but decided it was a bit bold so I covered it with a lace strip and am pleased with how that worked.
Tuesday, 12 May 2009
I am almost finished my album now, only 2 pages to fill. I am holding the last page in the hope my niece (bride in the picture) has a baby girl next month. We don't have too many girls in the family. Just these two nieces, a great-niece and my daughter, who is the same age as the bride.
Sunday, 10 May 2009
Saturday, 9 May 2009
Friday, 8 May 2009
Tuesday, 5 May 2009
I wanted a small photo frame but couldn't find one I liked, so I made this.
I had a piece of mountboard, 10x10cm with an aperture of 5x5. it was a darkgreen so i gave it a coat of glitter paint and then a rough coat of gold which I lightly stippled.
I cut a backing board and a 7x3cm strip, creased 1cm from the top. attatched with dst and made a hole, added a brad for extra strength . Then I cut a piece of clear plastic and attatched that to the rear of the aperture. Added a 1cm strip of 3d dst down both sides and along the bottom, stuck the back in place and decorated the front with black border peeloffs and some punchies, added the heart die cuts.
It was really easy to do and looks better than in the rather dull pic. If you don't have a ready done aperture, it's easy to cut one using a nestie. If you use mountboard you may have to strip a layer or two from the back, but heavy card would be fine.