I was really pleased with how this butterfly turned out for my LO in the previous post. This is how I did it. Firstly cut the pieces from mountboard or heavy card. Ink them with pastel distress inks. I used victorian velvet, tumbled glass and shabby shutters. I then went over all the pieces of the body and outer wings with tea die and covered them with 3D gloss which I then sprinkled over with bronze glitter. I then went over the pastel wings with 3D gloss and assembled the wings while it was wet as its a great glue.I then filled the spaces to the top with more 3D gloss and lightly sprinkled with fairy dust. Thats, it really. Just leave to dry then add some wire with a bead either end and add to your project.
I am experimenting with ways to use the Tim Holtz products in a colourful way since someone said they were dull and boring. I have always been inspired and excited by them and don't think them in the least bit dull.
I am happy tonight as I have just ordered the Jallopy die from Cutting Edge Crafts. I can't wait to play with it.