Saturday, 11 June 2011

altered clock.



This was a very cheap wall clock from Ikea, costing just over £1. I removed the plastic front intending to remove the face, but it was firmly glued so I decided to leave it and just add a centre. I die cut a circle from photopaper which I had painted an encaustic abstract onto and stuck it to the face, having removed the hands and cut a small circle from the centre. I added some gems around the centre and under the numbers.

The frame was treated with alcohol inks in stream, green and lilac. the dip was gone round with a permanent marker in blue and the seconds hand was also inked.









1 comment:

Charters said...

Love the altered clock - looks great!